Sunday, January 11, 2015

Marooners Island and Night Markets

Taiwan, it has been amazing two weeks and fabulous first week of teaching. Some days it feels like two months have gone by already and  others the reality that I've only been out for two weeks hits me and I crave the smell of home made bread and nickels.

Today is Sunday and my first time to go to church in Tai Zhong which is only a ten minute train ride away . Of course I didn't take the train and took the bus because it is cheaper by ten NTD which translates out to thirty one cents USD. This little decision took me on a little wild goose chase resulting in a personal tour by buses 63  and 81around the perimeter of Tai Zhong for two and a half hours. After arriving at the right street  and another thirty minutes later of walking around the wrong part of Tai Zhong because the address I was given was missing the character for south, a  kind old Taiwanese lady perceived my lost behavior. Cindy ( the old Taiwanese lady ) and I drove around for the next fifteen minutes until we finally arrived at church.











No comments:

Post a Comment