Saturday, January 24, 2015

The RailRoad Bike Trail

I went on a little bike ride today exploring though the outskirts of Feng Yuan. I found an abandoned tree infested home, back alleys that lead no where and  ran into a security guard about 30 minutes into the trip named Andy. He informed me of a bike trail that I needed to check out. (I did some additional research and found out  that it leads from Feng Yuan to the east coast of Taiwan. It also goes through a horse town, an old sugar mill and a surviving aboriginal village.) I deciphered the directions on how to get there from his broken English and the little bit of Chinese I could understand, and found my way to the bike path.

 I found a railroad paved over and forgotten. The soft cadence of crickets pulsated through the cool winter air.  Couples and children peddled by as I stopped to take in the dense leafy jungle mountains out in the distance. I continued down the path until I came to a twisted outcropping of railroad destroyed by an earthquake some time ago. It was all so tranquil to just stand still and listen to the world move in its natural way. I turned around and went home as Cherry blossoms and sweet peas perfumed the air, passing farms and little villages as I made my way back. I think I am starting to fall in love with Taiwan a little bit.













No comments:

Post a Comment