Saturday, February 7, 2015

Tai Tong Luo

I went on a little adventure today with my co-worker Hana down to Tai Tong Luo. We got on the train and traveled as far as we could until we were forced off the train. Only until then did we realize that we were on the wrong train. We resolved the train issue and made our way to our final destination: Tai Tong Luo. Rhythmic clacking of steel wheels whizzing over rail road rungs and the wind scampering over the train, played as we traveled through Taiwan's country side. We arrived in Tai Tong and wandered north to the Tinhuang temple wandering here and there on our way to our point of interest. Thinking it was going to be this beautiful old temple my hopes were high and excitement flew through my veins with every step I took. Arriving at our destination I looked around for the temple to no avail. I asked the locals where it was located and was pointed to a small simple box of a building. We poked around and found that our temple was in-fact a Catholic church. No one was in so we wandered about the town some more, going through alley ways, grave yards, and local farm land. Tai Tong Luo was simple town off the beaten path that was quite lovely and slow paced.



 

 



 

 
 



1 comment: